Transition Leicester has established several independent projects, covering issues such as local food, renewable energy and environmental education. Click the links below to go to their webpages.
- Leicester Permaculture Design Course –an annual course looking at how to design sustainable gardens, homes, and more. Run at Graceworks.
- Footpaths, which brings friends and neighbours together to help them reduce their carbon footprint through a series of regular meetings.
- Leicester Fixers – running regular Re-start parties to bring repairable objects back into use
- Community Harvest Whetstone Leicestershire’s first Community Supported Agriculture project. Receive a weekly veg box or get involved in growing veg.
- Green Fox Community Energy – a co-operative promoting investment in renewable energy in the Leicestershire area
- Apple Press – a member-run shared apple press. For a small joining fee (£30) borrow the press for two days a year to make apple juice or cider. Contact Alec Duthie.
Past projects have included Greenlight Festival, the monthly Greenlight Cafe, Swap Shop, projects to promote cycling and skill-sharing, and many public events and film screenings.
Get in touch if you’d like to discuss setting up a project along these lines – we would love to share ideas and put you in touch with people who could help.
We also have resources available for community groups to use – including events equipment (gazebos, tables, display boards, projector…) and Transition Leicester itself as a trusted constituted organisation that can apply for funds for new local initiatives.